Friday, November 7, 2008

This is just as much for me

55 % of Catholics voted for Barack Obama. This speaks volumes.

As for myself, many of you may know that I was not even a cafeteria catholic for many years. When I finally went back to the sacrament of confession, it had been 25 years since my last confession. I will talk more about that experience later.

I was very lucky, God had not given up on me, I am sure he had given me plenty of opportunity to turn back to him, but I kept saying no. Being the perfect gentleman he is, he allowed me to sink further into my sin. But he also placed me in place where years after I moved in I would come to church for the first time in years and be left stunned.

I will write about my conversion one day, but that will come later.

It is a shame that some catholics are subjected to priests like Fr. Andrew Greeley, (I just read his article in the suntimes) Many catholics read that and say "See I can vote for Obama" No, no no, you cannot. Although Father Greeley has mislead people, we have allowed ourselves to become mislead. I realized as my conversion was taking place, I had no clue what the Church was teaching, an more importantly WHY.

As for those who just listen to what their Cardinal, Bishops or Priests are telling them, you are being lukewarm and this is what gave Jesus the most pain. We need to know our faith and understand not only the what but the why.

Christ did not give the keys to all the Apostles, he gave them to Peter and they were passed down in succession.

I know most of us were in the same boat, we were NOT taught the faith. I was taught by GFXP (just initials) he taught at catholic school and was not concerned with teaching the faith, but with getting high. It was for lack of a better word, a Joke.

It is my hope that with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will be able to help anyone who has a desire to really learn their faith, as well as an opportunity for me to learn even more and continue my conversion.

I hope from time to time to have some priests and deacons chime in.

God Bless


No comments: